How to say goodbye to Cavities? 10 things to do
A cavity also known as dental caries means a tooth decay or its break down. A cavity refers to a hole which may grow bigger and deeper over time. Cavities start with a tiny hole which slowly and gradually becomes wider if don't notice and take preventions on time.
Cavities are referred to as one of the most common health problems in the world, which may develop in anyone; not only happen to children but may also happen to the adults.
As we grow old, our gums pull away from the teeth, when we eat more of sugary or high carb food, then the chances for tooth cavity rise eventually; especially in children. Adults may get decay around the edges of the fillings which weakens the tooth and may lead to falling off.
Symptoms of Cavity-
Tooth Sensitivity- One may feel food or liquid items too cold or hot at the time of consumption, not able to consume it properly.
- Tooth Pain- Pain in teeth or a filling is one of the most common signs of cavity presence. If the pain doesn't go easily without any home remedies, it's for sure a cavity.
- A hole in teeth- one may also be able to see on his/her cavity as a black colour hole, feels pains in touching.
Anyone may get cavity but the main causes behind it are-
- Eating too much sugary and acidic food items.
- Poor oral hygiene, it's okay whatever you eat but make sure you maintain oral hygiene.
10 things to get rid of Cavity-
- Proper Brushing- We always teach our children to do two times brush a day, but we ourself forget the same. It's necessary to maintain good oral hygiene, everyone must do brush teeth twice a day; early morning and before bedtime. The facts say that we brush our teeth early morning to freshen up our mouth and avoid smell but actually, we must brush our teeth at night for sure so that the leftover food items in our mouth after dinner don't become germs and leads to tooth decay or cavity.
- Limit Sugar- Sugary food and liquids are one of the most common reasons for the tooth decay or cavity. Never say no to anything, nor access on anything. Everything consumed in a limit is good for our body. Yes! Sugar is good for our body but in a limited amount. Excess of sugar not only leads to a dental problem but also several other diseases.
- Regular dental checkup- Just like the regular body checkup; dental checkup is also must for everyone, maybe once a two-three month but surely have it done from time to time. With this cavity or any other dental problem won't stay for a long or widen up to hurt you more.
- Stay hydrated- Drinking about 8-10 glass a day is marked as a good thing for our body, it makes our body fit, helps in having germs free teeth. As we consume water, the leftover small food particles or sugary liquid moves down and teeth remain healthy. Drinking water early morning, an empty stomach is taken as a good tip for a healthy body and teeth.
- Clean and change toothbrush regularly- It's just to keep your toothbrush clean, do change it every month. As the bristles deteriorate with time and usage.
- Addition of vitamins and supplements to diet- Adding on Vitamines, provides nutrition to our body and tooth gums. Eat more of fruits and nuts.
- Coconut oil- Apply coconut oil in teeth. It kills and takes off bacterias from the teeth. Oil naturally heals the cavity. Simply swish a tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth for 20 minutes until your saliva and the oil turn a milky white colour. Don't swallow it. It's so simple yet so effective!
- Go for homemade toothpaste- Take calcium powder, Stevia, sea salt, baking soda and coconut oil. Mix them well and use it as an alternative to your regular toothpaste. These ingredients provide natural care to the teeth and protect us from the cavity.
- Use mouthwash- As for added protection, we can also use Mouthwash easily available at the pharmacies. We have various brands providing good quality mouthwash.
- Eat dental-friendly diet- Once having pain in a tooth, or feel like having tooth decay must avoid certain food item for a while and stick to the limited food items asked. Eating more of fibre like fruits and vegetables, avoiding of candies, chips, chocolates, cold drinks etc.
Guys, it's not necessary that one would not have a cavity if you avoid sugary food or avoid going up changing up our toothbrush regularly, adopting alternative homemade toothpaste or mouthwash. But yes these 10 measures will surely help you if you take precautions. These steps lead to healthy teeth, healthy teeth say no to a cavity.