10 Benefits of Art and Play Therapy During Cancer
It is very important that we take good care of our physical health because our health is our first priority. Generally, our body is such a complicated structure that problems can occur in various ways. Since our body is a dense network of cells, tissues, hormones, and other organs, some malfunction in any one of these is enough to make us ill. It is the immune system that protects us from any kind of illness, be it any internal organ malfunction, or any infection or any other disease. But, whenever the immune system does not function properly, we might fall ill. Therefore, it is extremely important that we take good care of our physical health.
What is Cancer?
A group of diseases that involves the growth of abnormal cells and can spread to the entire body, is known as Cancer. It causes damage to body tissues. Cancer is one of the leading causes of death around the globe. It affects major organs of our body, like lungs, kidneys, pancreas, liver, brain, and disturbs their normal functioning, causing hindrances in the normal life of the affected person. Since there is no proper treatment for cancer available in the world, therefore, only early detection of the disease can to some extent, save the person's life. Otherwise, the person is surely not going to survive. Any person suffering from cancer goes through a lot of agonies as the cells mostly cause the bones to rub against each other. Also, chemotherapy, which helps to cure cancer at the early stages is an extremely painful process and even requires complete baldness. The most common symptoms of cancer include weight gain or weight loss, loss of appetite, fatigue, lumps in several parts of the body, skin becomes pale, cough, and respiratory problems. The major causes include physical, chemical, and biological carcinogens and some genetic factors. These cause the normal body cells to transfer into tumor cells, developing into cancer. Primarily, smoking, consuming alcohol, physical inactivity, unhealthy diet, and lifestyle causes cancer cells to develop. However, cancer can be cured if proper prescribed medicines are consumed and therapy and treatment are availed at early stages. Medicines can be obtained from the best online pharmacy in Delhi providing cancer medicines, 3MEDS.
10 Benefits of Play and Art Therapy During Cancer
- Cancer treatment is a tiresome thing and mentally exhaust a person. While taking the treatment such as chemotherapy or any other therapies, he or she goes through a very difficult phase. In such times, a person becomes extremely depressed and anxious. In recent times, Art and Play therapy has come to be known as one of the most effective ways to treat and prevent cancer and related problems. Art and Play are quite a new concept but have a positive outcome and therefore being used to reduce the mental illness caused during cancer.
- Art therapy does not require a person to be an expert in any form of art such as a painter. It is basically about painting anything that makes one happy and focuses more on freestyle drawings. This helps people engage in whatever art form they like and helps to clear their minds. Anti-cancer medicines are available at 3MEDS, which must be taken regularly with the therapy to avoid any serious consequences.
- One of the most common feelings that people with cancer go through is the loss of self-confidence. They lose their self-esteem be it at any age. Therefore, it becomes important that something should be done to help people of all ages. Art and Play therapy is one such way of treatment which gives an opportunity to people of all age to do something productive which makes them happy. A child or an adult, anyone can draw, and therefore this is quite an effective way of finding peace.
- Also, since drawing does not require much resources or supplies except a paper and a lens or a pencil, therefore this therapy becomes affordable and feasible for everyone. And since most people have access to these basic supplies, therefore art therapy is quite an easily accessible way of treatment.
- Art therapy basically gives people a distraction from their monotonous schedule. A cancer patient's daily schedule consists of regular visits to the hospital or the medical clinic and visit to the therapy centers. Therefore, it is important that they are given a distraction from this daily schedule. Art therapy gives them this distraction and thus relaxes them from this schedule. This shows them that there is a better life after treatment and gives them mental support.
- Being engaged in some kind of art form or creative activity actually gives an exercise to the brain. This basically makes a person happy and mentally strong and also improves their brain functions. Slowly, involvement in these activities helps a person cope with their depression, anxiety, and mental issues.
- These art therapies happen in sessions mainly where a lot of people with different stories meet, interact, and engage in different art forms. This creates an environment where like-minded people communicate and interact and share their experiences and dream of a better future.
- Art and Play therapy give a person an opportunity to express things that he or she might not be able to express in words. This is exactly where art and play therapy plays its role. It helps the person to express those feelings through the different art forms. This has much more impact on the reader's mind, thus helping the patients to express themselves in a different way.
- One of the best things that Art and Play therapy does provide Cancer caregivers some time for themselves. We know that cancer is mentally draining for an individual and the mental pressure is equal to the caregiver. Therefore, involvement in any form of art also gives them some private time and helps to bring some relief in their monotonous life.
- It is a known fact that art form reduces the amount of pain due to treatment. When cancer patients take regular therapies and treatments, they also intend to have painkillers because these therapies are extremely painful. But, when one becomes a part of an Art and Play Therapy, they slowly stop taking painkillers, because they don't feel that pain anymore.
Thus cancer is a chronic disease and requires proper medication and treatment. Art and Plat therapy helps to give a better life to a cancer patient. It reduces mental stress and helps them to dream of a better future.